Monday, January 24, 2011

Moving Forward

Keep Moving Forward!


Happy Monday Everyone! I pray you had a peaceful weekend. As we are approach the end of January, I sincerely hope your 2011 has started out in a productive direction.

Pay It Forward: I spent a little extra time actually talking and listening to someone. I often feel like I'm so in a hurry with the daily grind that I often miss the opportunity to talk to someone that may very well be alone. A simple polite conversation really made someone's day. It made me feel good. We greet people with: "Hi, how are you?" But we don't actually Stop...and listen to the person. So, my pay it forward was something valuable....a little extra Time.

This week's blog is simply...Keep on Moving FORWARD! In certain areas of my life I sometimes ask, "What's the point?"..."Why do I have to do this?" "Why am I still dedicated to this?" I have my moments when I don't see results or things just seem to be at a stand-still I tend to get frustrated and feel like maybe this is not what I'm supposed to be doing. In those moments, I just keep telling myself, "Keep moving forward."
Specifically this blog, I know it was laid on my heart to do it but sometimes I just don't see the results in it. I've prayed and devoted to planting whatever seed given to me for that week, however I do get discouraged. I do feel like I'd rather be doing something else with my time on Monday mornings. I do feel like, "Lord I practically have to beg for people to receive the seeds & comment." I do feel like why was I selected to do this when most people don't even take the time to read!?"

Then He says.........
"This is NOT about you. It's about Me. You do as you're told and let me do the rest."
So I keep moving forward.

I shared this personal nugget with you all because you may also feel like "what's the point?" regarding a certain area of your life. All I can tell you is if you're striving for something that you know will yield positive results...KEEP moving FORWARD! You may not see the results right away. You may not know what impact you've had on someone else’s day/life. You may not ever see the reward in what you're doing in the natural realm. You may not ever get your "just due." You don’t know if what you’re doing is actually a critical part of your life’s plan & destiny. You may not even understand why you're doing what it is that's been laid upon your heart to do...but just KEEP being obedient. He will send you confirmation, encouragement and re-enforcement to help you continue the journey. There is reward in being faithful. There is reward in Him for doing things that you may not want to do.
Just Keep moving forward and let Him guide!

Have a super dooper week!
Chanel-

3 comments:

  1. THANK YOU!!! I appreciate you taking the time to write this, please know it touched my heart. You're right very often we wonder the why behind things, or the point of it all but just because we don't see it (the reward, the benefit)doesn't mean it's not important.

    Thanks again and let us all keep moving forward :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you I just came across this and know your frustration and it is true. Sometimes I feel like that too and you have done a good job here though I came here upon searching "keep moving forward" I will find time to read the other cause life is a journey and your sharing is a beautiful thing. I always plan to do my blog but just difficult to put a good effort on it.
    Thanks again, much love and peace :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for reading and sharing. There are several blog entries here about just that, Moving Forward. Look around and hopefully one of those will speak to you as well. I appreciate your support. Feel free to subscribe. Stay encouraged :)

      Delete