Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lord, When will MY turn come!? Sound Familiar?


Over the past few weeks I've been surrounded by individuals who are in the season of waiting, praying and needing God to come through. In major ways. Some need jobs, some desire love and relationships, some are in need of financial favor and others in the areas of healing, restoration and just change in general. That is the motivation behind this blog entry.
 
It's amazing that many are focusing on what they desire simply because they see how God is moving in the lives of others. Asking the age old question, "Lord when will my turn come!?" In due season is one of those things that can truly be a test in itself. In due season could be minutes, days, months or years. That's a hard pill to swallow. As believers, it's hard to wrap our minds around the fact that something we've been seeking God for may take longer than we think it should. It's hard to accept that some prayers we may actually have to wait for. It's hard to accept that what we desire may require some mental, emotional, spiritual and character conditioning before it happens. Or...it may not happen at all if it's not in our best interest or doe not align up with the plan God has for our lives.
 
I honestly can't believe that I've finally arrived at the place where I can say, "Lord, it is well with my soul." Specifically regarding one area that I have been praying and seeking God to move in my favor. In fact, I've been holding on for about 3 years now. While I think it should have happened long ago and I've come so close a few times...it hasn't. Why? I have no clue but, it is well...with my soul. That feels so amazing to say and believe. I've arrived at the place where I trust that God has a birds-eye-view of the bigger picture. He knows why it hasn't happened and when it will. Notice that although I've acknowledged that it may be a blessing delayed...I know it's not a blessing denied. I said...when, because I know by faith that it will, just not now. I trust God's plan way more than I trust my desires. One of my favorite sayings is, "The Universe has a weird way of protecting us and providing provisions when our desires align with Gods plan for our lives." I believe that.
 
So, if you're one of those people asking the question, "Lord when will my turn come!?" just know....it will be so perfect and so on-time that this delay will all make sense. You will have that ah-ha moment when it finally does come to be. That will be followed by a praise because as you reflect back over this very season, God himself will reveal why it had to happen exactly when it did. You'll realize that God was looking out for you, keeping you and guiding you the whole time. If it does not happen, just know that there is indeed a reason and trust that God knows best.
 
Hold on. Find peace in Gods plan and process for your unique life. It is well....It is well....with my soul.
 
Be Blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment