Friday, August 10, 2012

Positive Message. Spread it!


I was almost on the verge of quitting blog world. I started this blog because I feel God has allowed me to go through certain things in life to help other people. He allowed me to go through pain, suffering, joy, amazing accomplishments etc...to tell someone else that it DOES get better and everything that happens in your life has purpose. I felt that blogging was an opportunity for me to reach people all over the world in search of a positive word
I received an email from someone on my blog roll list asking me to "please remove me from this blog/list." Immediately I could not understand why someone would want to be removed from my blog list when all I've ever tried to do with it was uplift and encourage people. That message made me question if I should even continue with it. I mean, I only send out one blog email per month so it wasn't like I was spamming with several entries every single day! It was disappointing and could have possibly ended what I feel God laid on my heart to do.
But it didn't. 
I know now, it's not about me, it's about Him and He will lead who He wants to this blog.
What I've discovered along this journey is that not everyone will receive the message I bring. Not everyone wants to read just how GREAT God is. Not everyone wants to read week after week or month after month how God has delivered, answered prayers, made a way or healed a loved one. I also had to learn how to not internalize the request of that individual. It's not me that this person wanted to disconnected from...it is the message I bring. Gods message. I know that now. That's not my battle to fight. God will lead the right people to this blog at the precise moment they need it. For bloggers, the most important thing to us is that somehow, someway our words make a difference and it reaches the intended target and in this case that would be YOU!
When you find yourself on the verge of giving up on spreading positivity, encouragement, joy, and uplifting word...don't! There are people who need it. There are people searching the internet right now trying to find a tailor-made word to get them through whatever season they may be in. They need you to keep spreading the word and being obedient. When I was going through a stormy season of my life, it was a blog that helped me get through the day. His words spoke to me and encouraged me to keep on pressing. You never know who will stumble across your blog searching for a word for their moment. Continue to let your words help people.  

No comments:

Post a Comment