Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Happy or Sad? You make the decision.

Happy or Sad? You make the decision.


"You know why it's hard to be happy? Because you find it hard to let go of the things that make you sad." (c) The Notebook

I pray you all had a great week! Summer is here and I'm actually very excited for what this summer will bring me. Bring on the heat!
 First, I want to thank all of you that comment, send me text messages, emails & calls about this blog. It really serves as an inspiration to me and it does keep me going, even when I don't feel like it. You keep me accountable. So, thank you...thank you and thank you again. It means so much.

I came across the above quote on twitter and I just had to blog and share with you all. I actually started this reframing about a year and a half ago...when I find myself thinking about things that make me sad, I immediately replace it with thoughts that make me happy. It works! It's common place to get in the dumps about something. In fact, life & experience will often bring us things that will not be very pleasant. But, we DO have a special ability to neutralize how we feel and how long we feel it.
There are some memories that I honestly don't want to remember...but I have to. Although very hurtful, painful and just down right sad...they've shaped and molded me into the person I am. So, I thank God now that those thoughts DO return every now and again. They serve as a reminder of how much I've overcome, how much He loves me, and how much stronger...better...& wiser I am.
Some people get "stuck" in constantly thinking about those things that make them sad. They refuse to let go of the pain. Not on purpose, but it's just the way their mind has been operating most of their lives. You know the folks, who almost never seem happy or joyful? They are almost always the black cloud when you speak to them or when they are in your company? They give negative and sad reports about everything in their lives!? It almost makes you want to ask, "Are you EVER happy?" "Do you EVER have a positive experience to share?!"
Do me a favor; share this blog link with them. This can be your Pay It Forward. Plant the seed of "letting go and really being happy" into their lives. This starts with reprogramming thoughts. I've beat this so many times but, the art of positive thinking is what I stand by and encourage in ALL areas of living. This goes for emotional health, spiritual health, physical health and mental health. It's a decision to make...do you want to always be in a state of unhappiness/saddness or happiness and joy? You decide.....

Have a great week!
Chanel-


No comments:

Post a Comment