Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You must have Faith.


Faith

#Love365 is making a difference! If you are participating in the #Love365 movement and have positive reports to tell...do share! I would love to hear some of the ways in which you are showing love EVERY day.
===========================================

The topic for this blog is Faith.  I'm sure many of you have some amazing stories of how you prayed...and God answered! There is nothing like sending a prayer from your mouth to Gods ears and having it answered. Not only answered but things work out in such a way that you KNOW it's only God because of how smooth and effortless things just fall into place! 
Prayer must be backed up by faith. Once you send your request or petition to God you have to believe by faith that if that request is indeed in His will...it SHALL be answered. You can't doubt. You have to stand firm and believe that it will all work out for your good. You have to have faith that despite what you see God knows all and will come to your rescue. 
What do I mean by that? Let me give you my testimony: I recently encountered several things that seemed to be coming at me all at once! Things that I could not do myself and things that I know only God could resolve or make happen. For those of you who know me...you know I am a work in progress when it comes to worry. But hey, who isn't. *smile* I knew that the only way things would work out was if God himself did it. No money, scheme, resource or person could do it. I worried, I cried, I lost sleep, I was feeling down and it all just consumed me. Then one day in service it hit me..."Wait, I don't have to worry when I can pray." It really was that simple once I came to my senses. I wrote the items on a piece of paper. I prayed and told God I could not fix any of them on my own. I threw the pieces of paper in the trash on my way out of church promising that I would NOT take them back home! I would not worry or lose anymore sleep over things I had NO control over. It felt so liberating to cast my situations on God and not worry. I slept so well that night and we had a wonderful day after church. I'm not saying they never crossed my mind from time to time but when they did, I prayed and let them go. Within a few weeks God had answered my prayers! Thank you JESUS!
Lesson Learned: Sometimes in life things will happen that you cannot handle or control on your own. As humans we always want to fix things on our own. I believe God lets certain things come to us to show us that we must depend on Him. People say, "God won't put more on you than you can handle." I don't believe that! I think He DOES...because it's in THOSE times that we realize we are not God! We must depend on Him and he knows exactly what situations to use to show us that. Life will put your back against the wall and you have no place else to turn BUT to God. He does that so when He does move there is NO way you can explain it away to anything or anyone else. Those tests are faith builders. You have to trust that if God did it before He can and will do it again! 
What are you praying for? Do you have the faith to back up your prayer? Try it and see just how amazing God is! I am a living testimony of how prayer AND faith WORKS!

Have a super day! Love you all.
Chanel-

3 comments:

  1. This was a blessing to me!! I think many of us have things that we try to handle ourselves and we can't, those are the times that we truly NEED to trust and lean on GOD!!!! He has all that we need and unlike people he won't let us down. I'm working on my faith!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for supporting my blog! Yes, we all need to learn that valuable lesson. I'm so thankful this one spoke to you. Welcome back to blog-world and congrats on the new baby :)

      Delete
    2. You are most welcome! Thank you!!!

      Delete