Friday, November 18, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011


Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

My, what a difference a year makes. 365 days granted to do things differently, evolve & self-reflect. Thanksgiving is one of my three favorite holidays. There are no gifts. No expectations. No price-tags. In my eyes, it's the only holiday that is truly about family. Families sharing laughter, great food and creating memories. I reflect back to last year and it wasn't one of my best memories for Thanksgiving. I had such high hopes for it. But, again...my, what a difference a year makes. 

For me, this Thanksgiving is really special. This year I celebrate Thanksgiving: 
 Engaged (the real kind, like with a ring & more importantly the commitment behind it *smiles*)
Wedding date set
 Celebrated my 35th birthday
God willing - kids in the forecast
An amazing partner
A deeper spiritual connection
The best financial position I've EVER been in my life due to no credit of my own (thank YOU Lord)
Super fantastic Awesome genuine friends
A supportive family that is small in numbers but mighty in love
Healthy
And in my right frame of mind
After the Spring Semester, I will be 3 classes away from finishing Graduate School!
What more could I ask for? Nothing!

I have so much to be thankful for and I know all of my blessings come from God. Without Him I am nothing. I'm a work in progress but I'm loving my under construction phase! It's not always easy and it doesn't always feel good but I am indeed Stronger~Better~ & Wiser, than I've ever been.

Love up on your family & friends this Thanksgiving....we never know who may or may not be with us from year to year so, don't take anything for granted. Create new memories & new traditions. Let this be the BEST Thanksgiving you've experienced thus far. I love you all.

Enjoy your Holiday.
Chanel-

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the engagement, Channel. It's so nice to see you truly happy.

    Deauna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Deauna! Your well wishes are really appeciated :)

    ReplyDelete